RCCG December 2021 Holy Ghost Service – The Siege is Over – Pastor E.A Adeboye
RCCG 2021 ANNUAL CONGRESS – DAY 5 EVENING SESSION SERMON AND PRAYER POINTS
TOPIC: The Siege is Over
MINISTERING: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
TEXT: 2 Kings 7:1-20
2 Kings 7:1-3 1 Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria. 2 Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
The process that will lead to the siege to be over
The siege will be over if:
1. If there is a cry for help; when the helpless cry for help. The siege will remain until you cry for help. Psalms 121:1-2, Psalm 40:1-2, Psalm 34:17.
There is someone here tonight that God will deliver from his troubles
Prayer: Father, it is you and I tonight, help me!
2. A word of prophecy will come: According to our text, what happens after crying to God is a word of prophecy. And because God knows not everybody can hear him, He will tell a prophet, speak on my behalf – Exodus 2:23-25, Exodus 3:1-10. Amos 3 vs 8 – the bible made it clear when the Lion roars everybody will be afraid. When God speaks the prophet has no option, he must prophesy. And when God wants to do something it doesn’t have to take him a long time to do it. The way you will know that a prophecy is from God is that what He is saying will be unusual.
He simply said, within 24hrs something will happen in the life of somebody listening to me now; the siege will be over.
3. There will be a voice of doubt: there will always be a voice of doubt after God has prophesied into your life. Exodus 5:1 to the end – Moses arrived to deliver the message of the Lord to Pharaoh, Pharaoh said “who is the Lord and I won’t let the children of Israel go”John 11:20-39 Jesus told Martha your brother shall live again, Martha said it’s already too late.
There is a God in heaven who said in Isaiah 43:13 that “I will walk, who will hinder me?” Genesis 18:9-14, God said to Abraham tell Sarah your wife, within the next 9 months she will carry a baby boy; Sarah laughed. Don’t doubt God; God will still be God.
It doesn’t matter what the devil maybe whispering to your ears, in the name of the One who called me, your siege is over!
Prayer: Father, let your prophecy be fulfilled in my life! Shut the voice of my doubt
4. The second prophecy will come – Psalm 66:11, Genesis 18:9-14, when Sarah laughed, God prophesied again. Genesis 22:15-18.
The Lord asked me to tell somebody, your helper abandoned you, he will return.
As the Lord lives, His prophecy concerning your life is going to be fulfilled.
If the siege on your life is from someone, today, the siege is over.
Prayer: Whoever is the obstruction to my reaching my goal, Father deal with the obstruction
5. Help will come from the least expected place: 1 Kings 17:8-16 The widow of Zarephath wasn’t expecting help but God has inspired His prophet to go and help the woman. God can inspire anybody to bring you help – 2KIngs 5:1-14. Mark 10:46-52, the people that told Bartimeus to shut up were the ones Jesus told to go and bring him.
Prayer: Father, from the east, west, north, south and from heaven above, send help to me!
6. The heavens will open and a noise will come down: Exodus 14:21-28, Exodus 12:39-36, Pharaoh heard a noise of weeping in all the houses in Egypt, he told Moses, you can go now.
Joshua 6:20, the wall of Jericho heard a noise, it shook its foundation and it felt flat. John 11:39-44, when Jesus got to the tomb of Lazarus, He cried with a loud voice, the tomb heard a noise and released the one that was sad.
Every opportunity you have lost will hear a noise tonight, and they will come back to you
Worship: For just two minutes, make a joyful noise to the Lord
7. The enemies heard a noise and they scattered; they were confused – Psalms 35:4. Isaiah 41:10-13 God promised that by the time I finish helping you, you will seek for those enemies but you will not find them.
Every door that refused to open to you shall be burnt
Prayer: Talk to God for two minutes, tell Him what you want. Tell God how great you want to be.
In the name that is above every other, receive what you have asked for. And anything you should have asked for that you didn’t ask for, receive it all in Jesus name.
8. Compulsory evangelism; from now on, one of the ways you will be greeting everyone you meet is “My Siege is Over”. Then they will ask you, how? And you will answer that it is Jesus. Everywhere you go now, you must testify.
9. Rejoice: when the leper entered the city, there was rejoicing. Psalms 47:1
- There will be crossover service at the Redemption Camp on the 31st of December, the theme is EBENEZER.
- The first holy ghost service for the new year will come up on the 7th of January and the theme is FRESH AIR.