Prayers for Elders
Prayers for Elders: Pastor E.A Adeboye Open Heavens Thursday, May 26, 2022
Bible verse: The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness. – Proverbs 16:31 KJV
Further reading: Titus 2:1-5
1. Father, thank You for our elders. Thank You for preserving and keeping them strong and healthy all these years. We are grateful Lord that we have godly elders to look up to.
2. Father, please keep our elders to a good old age. Don’t let them spend their old age in sickness or sorrow. Let them have peace even in their old age, in Jesus name.
3. Father, please forgive our elders for every bad seed they may have sown when they were younger. Please Lord, cancel every negative harvest of such bad seeds, in Jesus name.
4. Father, we pray for wisdom for our elders to advise us and teach us correctly when we go to them with our challenges, in Jesus name.
5. Lord, as You backed the blessing of Isaac on Jacob, when our elders bless us, back up their words and let them come to pass, in Jesus name.
6. Father, please don’t let our elders become redundant. Let their grace and anointing increase as they grow older. Continue to use them even until the end, in Jesus’ name.
7. Father, give our elders the spiritual sensitivity they need to be great coverings for us. Let them sense ahead of time, whatever the devil may be planning and warn us about it so that we don’t crash, in Jesus name.
8. Father, I pray particularly for the elders in my family; whatever we need to make them comfortable, please provide for us in abundance, in Jesus name.
9. Father, let all the good prayers and wishes of our elders over us be fulfilled in Jesus name. Let us, the younger ones, always bring them joy, in Jesus name.
10. Father, for every elder who is lonely, please send them company that will love them and take care of them. Let their family members not be able to rest until they begin to take care of their aged ones, in Jesus name.
11. Father, protect our elders against people who would try to take advantage of them because of their age. Expose anyone presenting false investments, false medication and the likes in order to steal from our elders. Do not permit our elders to be exploited, in Jesus name.
12. Your personal prayer points for the elders in your family and community.