RCCG August 2020 Holy Ghost Service Sermon – Wonderful
RCCG Virtual Convention 2020 – August Holy Ghost Service Sermon
MINISTERING: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
TEXT: Isaiah 9 vs 6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9 vs 6 KJV
The first name given to Him here is Wonderful. The word wonderful is a combination of two words – wonder and full. Wonderful means full of wonder. Everything about God is wonderful – Psalms 107:8 Psalms 119 vs 129 Psalms 139 vs 6 Isaiah 28:29.
Tonight I want to focus on seven things about Him that are wonderful.
- Wonders of His size – Isaiah 66 vs 1 tells us that He is sitting down in heaven and His legs reach the earth. Deuteronomy 33 vs 27 calls His hands everlasting. 2 Chronicles 6 vs 18 says the heavens of heavens cannot contain Him. Exodus 16 vs 8 says when He breathes the sea parted. His ears are so large He can hear the prayers of everybody. My God is very very big. As big as He is he can reduce Himself to a small size so that He can dwell in you – 1 John 4 vs 4 but He doesn’t lose His greatness at the same time.
- The Wonders of His love – 1 John 4 vs 8 says He is love Himself. Love that is willing to give His all – John 3 vs 16. In Romans 8 vs 32 He said having given you His only begotten son there is nothing else He cannot give to you – Romans 8:32 John 15:13 John 13:1. God’s love is the one that will last till the end. When God loves you He sets you up for an uncommon breakthrough – Romans 8 vs 37.
- Wonders of His mercy – Ephesians 2 vs 4 -6 , Lamentation 3 vs 22- 23- When God wants to talk about His wealth He talks about mercy. Genesis 19 vs 15 -16 Mark 10 vs 46 -52 Mark 1 vs 40-45 Matthew 15 vs 21 -28 James 2 vs 13- If you want to cry to God for His help ask for His mercy.
- Wonders of His glory – 1 Timothy 6 vs 16 says His glory is so intense. Acts 22 vs 6, Isaiah 6 vs 1-3 1 kings 8 vs 10 -11 when the glory of God filled the temple the priest ran out. 1 Corinthians 15 vs 41 As glorious as stars are you can only see it at night but Revelation 22 vs 16 describes Gods glory as the Bright Morning Star; it can be seen anytime of the day. Glory is the opposite of shame – Proverbs 3 vs 35. Colossians 1 vs 27 – Anything that can cause shame, by the glory of God it will be kept far from you.
- Wonders of His name – He has many names – Rev 1 vs 8, Isaiah 9 vs 6. All His names are meaningful – John 14 vs 6, Philippians 2 vs 11, James 14 vs 14 John 14 vs 14. 1 Corinthians 13 vs 8. The fact that Jesus is the truth guarantees your freedom – John 8 vs 32.
- Wonders of His Blood – Leviticus 17 vs 11 says the life of an animal is in it blood. The life of Jesus is in His blood. 1 John 1 vs 11 – The blood of Jesus saves and cleanses from all sins. The Blood of Jesus takes you to the holy of hollies – Exodus 12 vs 13, Hebrews 10 vs 19. Revelation 12 vs 10-11, the blood of Jesus guarantees your victory over Satan.
- Wonders of His anger – Yes, His love is wonderful but whosoever He loves He chastens – Hebrews 12 vs 6, Revelation 3 vs 19. if God loves you He won’t leave you on your own. Don’t toil with sin – Hebrews 12 vs 29 Hebrews 10 vs 31 Proverbs 29 vs 1. Ezekiel 33 vs 11, God doesn’t want the death of sinners but He is angry with the wicked – Psalms 7 vs 11. Don’t let anybody deceive you, God can be angry – Acts 5: 1-11. There is one way prayer I always pray “God don’t let me annoy you”. The more He loves you the more you must be careful. Watch your steps, God can be wonderfully angry. Those who are playing games, watch it. Those who are yet to give their lives to Jesus God is always angry with sinners.
If you want to give your life to Jesus, bow your heads and say “Lord Jesus please save my soul”.
If you have backslided and want to return to the Almighty God, bow your heads and say “God come into my life again, I want to fellowship with you again”.
- Praise God
- Father, let Your greatness begin to manifest through me mightily.
- Father, like you did for Solomon, let your love for me, set me up for uncommon breakthroughs.
- Father, just have mercy on me, my family, your church and my nation. Please put an end to this virus.
- Father, let your glory flood my body, soul, spirit and life. Remove everything that can cause shame far from me and my family.
- Father, in the Name of Jesus, every knee against me must bow tonight.
- Father, let the blood of Jesus speak for me and give me victory over all forces of darkness.
- Father, don’t let me ever know your anger.
- Father, please grant the request of all my neighbors.
- Father, make me a great vessel unto honour in your hands.
- Father, please use me to perform wonders for you.
- Personal requests.
- Pray for Pastor Adeboye
- The Almighty God says as a result of this convention, I will increase laughter in many of your homes.
- Quite a few businesses will not survive the lock-down but yours will emerge stronger.
- Before this lock-down is over, the siege on your destiny will be gone.
- You will begin to see traces of your father’s anointing in your ministrations.
- The doors of opportunities that have ran up and down and you didn’t get to see will be made manifest to you during the lock-down.
- God says, “You are already great but you will become much greater”.
- God says, “Someone promised to fight you to the end, but that’s not a problem, because at the end, you will win”.
- God says, “There’s a particular family that all the members of that family will receive a miracle this convention”.
- God says, “By the time this convention is over, the word wonderful will be coming out of your mouth day and night”
NB: The next month’s Holy Ghost Service is for those who are trusting the Lord for the fruit of the womb Let and the theme is Let There Be Light Part 8.